Frequently Asked Questions Print Article Font Size

Where is public computer access available?

Computers are available for public use at the following places:

  • Golden Regional Library – No charge
  • Golden Women’s Resource Centre – No charge for women
  • Golden Employment Centre – No charge but for unemployment-related matters only
  • Bacchus Books –Wireless only
  • Red Diamond, Bean Bag, Jitas – Charges apply

Where can I find a Justice of the Peace?

Marriage counselors Simone Ward & Peter Mendez can be reached at the Government Agent office. For court documents, please contact the court registry.

What are the library hours?

The library is open on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m, and on Thursdays between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.

What are the landfill hours?

The Landfill is administered by the CSRD - 250-832-8194 - 1-888-248-2773 or

Are equipment rentals available?

Yes, 10x10 pop-up tents and tables and chairs can be rented from the Chamber of Commerce.

How do I obtain a copy of a title or other land or survey information?

Sign up for a myLTSA account or contact a professional. For more information, visit Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (

How can I find a certain provincial phone number?

Inquiry BC (from the blue pages of directory) can assist at 1-800-663-7867.

Where can I pick up a telephone book?

The Chamber of Commerce has the thin yellow directories.

Who do I contact regarding land ownership?

Please refer to BC Assessment/Land Titles – 1-800-663-7867 (ask for Land Titles).

Are there any summer programs available for my kids?

Please contact your child's school  or watch the local paper in the spring for more information.

What kids/adults programs are available?

Check local newspaper for current programs. A Registration Night is also held in the fall and the spring of each year, watch the local newspaper for seasonal advertisements.