The Golden Curling Club was established in 1894 and is the oldest curling club in BC and the oldest club west of Winnipeg. The building is located at 1412 9th St South between the Golden and District Arena and the Golden Swimming Pool. The building is owned by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District and managed by volunteer curling members.
The facility was built in 1978 by the Kinsmen of Golden. It is equipped with four sheets of curling ice and has all the equipment needed for a drop in game. The season starts in mid-October and runs to mid-March.
The club can accommodate sheet rentals with equipment (winter) and events in the 120 person licensed lounge, which includes seating, bar, dance floor and a large kitchen.
When the ice is not in place the 10,000 square foot dry floor can hold 400 people for trade shows, conventions and other large scale events.