Temporary Licenses of Occupation Print Article Font Size
A Temporary License of Occupation (TLO) gives legal authority for a business, individual, or group to utilize public property in order to carry out specific activities.
These activities can include outdoor restaurants, bar patios, sidewalk cafes, merchant displays, food trucks, raffle stands, charity barbeques, street performers, faires, parades, weddings, sporting events and Farmers Markets.
These all require the use of public space such as sidewalks, boulevards, rights of way, parks and parking spaces.  As these public spaces were built by and for the public through taxation, businesses and occupiers of these public spaces must come with terms and conditions, which may include payment for the use of the space.
Applications can be found on our website, by clicking HERE.
*Please Note: This file will not open properly in the Mozilla Firefox Browser, you must use Internet Explorer Browser to view and complete the application form.

Once you have completed the online application form print it and either bring it or mail it to our office for processing. We require the signed application form before we can start the TLO application process. You can get insurance for your event online by visiting miabc.eventpolicy.ca.

To review the TLO policy click HERE.